Client is seeking a self-motivated, client focused, and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) team in Los Angeles, CA in a leadership role. Candidate shall have a minimum of 10 years of design experience, a Bachelor's degree, and have a higher level of understanding of the consulting engineering industry. Candidate shall have proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit software, Microsoft Office products, EnergyPro, the NEC, Title 24, and other related building codes and standards. Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of California is required, and the ability to obtain registration in other states is highly preferred.
Candidate will work within a team of engineers and will provide a high level of leadership, mentoring, and training to junior staff. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. Senior Engineer may work on several concurrent projects. Senior Engineer has gained extensive experience in all areas of electrical design and is a recognized expert in his/her discipline.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective problem-solving skills, strong organizational and decision-making skills are required. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment is key. Ability to field survey electrical systems required.
- Performs and supervises electrical design responsibilities on multiple projects, including establishing criteria and standards, and preparing calculations, reports, and project drawings and specifications.
- Collaborates with client, architect, other disciplines, and contractor to provide appropriate, cost-effective, and coordinated solutions.
- Works to establish and build relationships with team members, both internal and external.
- Leads and performs construction administration services including RFI's and submittals, and site visits as required.
- Provides technical leadership within electrical group; shares knowledge with group.
- Provides mentoring to junior engineers.
- Participates in business development efforts.