Are you Ready to Engineer Your Career? Our Client, one of the largest design consulting firms in the U.S., strives to provide exciting and rewarding career opportunities to their team members. They work hard and are passionate about what they do but also love to have fun along the way. They celebrate the ability to be a firm of nearly 1800+ employees in the US and beyond who still provides a local office approach and feel to each of their employee-owners. From opportunities to get involved and give back locally through their Community Involvement Committees to the ability to partner with exciting clients, they take our jobs seriously but have a great time in the process
As a company, they believe in investing in our team members and providing an environment for expansive growth. They put people first. They are proud to say they are a 100% employee-owned organization and take pride in their commitment to being a great place to work. They support this commitment through work-life balance, flexibility, continuous training and development opportunities, and community impact. They reward innovation, hard work, and support a culture of sustainability.
Out client is growing, and they'd love to have you join their team! They are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer in their Detroit, MI office. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a high level of leadership, mentoring and training for less experienced staff. This could be technical, project management, marketing, or business development in nature.
Some key duties and responsibilities include:
- Makes major design recommendations and design decisions with little input from senior staff.
- Plans design work by discipline for all project sizes and assigns duties to staff working on projects.
- Reviews correspondence prepared by junior staff.
- Actively participates in quality control of projects.
- Contributes to leadership in some aspect of our Technical Operations Team for both large and small projects.
- Acts as an advisor and analyzes technical problems/writes reports.
- Plays a significant role in project reviews for quality control for large complex projects.
- Provides technical assistance to help resolve field issues, must be able to visit project sites and resolve technical issues with very little assistance from other senior staff
Project Management Path:
- Effectively serves as Project Manager on large complex projects or multiple smaller projects.
- Identifies prospective clients, assists in marketing to develop new clients, and prepares proposals for services.
- Consistently brings work into the firm with existing or new clients and participates in presentations to clients.
Key skills and abilities needed for the position are:
- Must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed for Electrical Project Engineer II and have demonstrated leadership traits in either the Technical or Project Management Path items.
- Mastery of the technical aspects of one's discipline.
- Ability to mentor, motivate, and lead others.
- Ability to perform final quality control check in their area of expertise.
- Ability to clearly communicate in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups.
Education and experience requirements are:
- Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, see, hear, and lift objects up to 25
pounds. Occasionally required to drive, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach with hands or arms, and grasp or pull.
- Will have limited exposure to outside weather conditions and loud noises.