We have a current opportunity for a Senior Electrical Designer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Pittsburgh. For further information about this position please apply.
- Prepare complete design packages which may include, but not be limited to, preliminary, conceptual, and construction deliverables as well as engineering calculations.
- Interpret verbal or written direction to initiate a preliminary design.
- Develop or assist in the development of control circuits for electrical components and motors.
- Prepare parts lists, procurement lists, bills of material (BOM) and specifications when drawings are complete.
- Confirm specification and code compliance, equipment compatibility, and optimal cost savings.
- Ensure accuracy of completed drawings before final release and verify drawings meet company and industry standards.
- Create technical specifications to facilitate the procurement, fabrication, and installation of components.
- Utilise engineering sketches, specifications and supporting documents in the designing, detailing, documenting, and verifying of electrical parts, subassemblies, assemblies or system configurations.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience preferred
- AutoCAD software experience required
- PDMS software experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office software experience preferred.
- CARS software experience preferred.
- Project lead experience preferred
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability to utilise conventional drafting tools and CAD software to execute drafting requirements.