Summary: My client is a national, utility-scale IPP focused on wind, solar, and energy storage projects across the United States. With 24 renewable energy facilities operating across 9 states, they are looking to expand their development team to keep up with project demand. They are seeking a Project Development Manager to identify and secure new solar and energy storage project development sites, oversee the project development lifecycle, and evaluate project viability.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for…
- Lead market analysis and site selection for greenfield development including acquiring land leases and maintaining landowner relations.
- Manage necessary permitting activities at all levels of government.
- Collaborate with both internal stakeholders and consultants to appropriately manage the interconnection process.
- Facilitate the preparation of RFP responses.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams including but not limited to engineering and finance to ensure project success.
The Senior Development Manager should have the following qualifications…
- 3+ years of previous experience in energy project development required, with a strong understanding of the entire project development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or environmental studies preferred, MBA a strong plus.
- Experience with US power markets, utilities, interconnection issues, and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Ability to travel at least 20% of time.
- Must be located in either Texas or Illinois.