We are currently working with an esteemed national consultancy who is looking for a Senior Cultural Heritage Advisor, contributing to the preservation and celebration of Australia's rich cultural heritage. They have a positive and supportive company culture and provide a flexible working environment.
With a strong commitment to cultural sensitivity and sustainable development, they are at the forefront of delivering innovative solutions for projects across various sectors.
As a trusted leader in the industry, they offer a collaborative and inclusive work environment where your expertise in cultural heritage management will play a crucial role in shaping their projects and communities.
As a Senior Cultural Heritage Advisor with a deep understanding of cultural heritage management and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. In this role, you will lead and guide cultural heritage assessments, stakeholder engagement, and compliance with heritage regulations, ensuring the protection of significant cultural values.
- Lead and manage cultural heritage assessments and impact studies, ensuring compliance with local, state, and national heritage regulations.
- Provide expert advice on cultural heritage matters to clients, project teams, and stakeholders, promoting best practices and cultural sensitivity.
- Develop and implement cultural heritage management plans, integrating sustainable solutions into project designs and development.
- Engage with Traditional Owners, Indigenous communities, and heritage authorities to facilitate meaningful consultation and collaboration.
- Prepare high-quality reports, documentation, and permit applications related to cultural heritage assessments and management plans.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Indigenous engagement and capacity-building initiatives.
- Stay current with evolving cultural heritage legislation, guidelines, and industry trends, and incorporate them into project strategies.
- Mentor and support junior staff, fostering their professional growth and cultural awareness.
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Cultural Heritage Management, Anthropology, Indigenous Studies, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cultural heritage management, gained within a reputable consultancy, government agency, or Indigenous organization.
- Strong knowledge of Victorian and Australian cultural heritage legislation, policies, and protocols.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering cultural heritage assessments and management plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders, Indigenous communities, and Traditional Owners.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate within multidisciplinary teams and foster a culture of respect and inclusion.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about the heritage space and possess the qualifications and experience required for this role, please feel free to apply with your CV!
If you are open however do not feel that the above role is suitable to you, you can still share your CV with us and we will reach out should there be a job opportunity that aligns with your skill set.