We have a current opportunity for a Senior Controls Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Chicago. For further information about this position please apply.
Reasons you will love working here:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) benefits
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Vacation time on day one
- Growth Opportunities with tuition reimbursement programs, opportunities for promotions, paid apprenticeships and much more
- Support the Company's mission, vision, values, and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Train, coach, and mentor, the electrical controls process, for manufacturing skilled trades and mentor colleagues.
- Coordinate resources to find root cause and fixes, manage and breakdown problems into items that can be validated.
- Maintain PLC based control systems for manufacturing automation and instrumentation.
- Guide designs, develop and test electrical control methods, materials, processes and results.
- Lead projects and assist skilled trades in electrical disciplines.
- Support operations in electrical/controls troubleshooting and continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Controls or Automation Engineering. Master's Degree is a plus. Open for equivalent years of experience.
- Electrical background (electrician or technician) preferred.
- Experienced with Vision System
- Working knowledge of PLC/CNC (Siemens/Allen-Bradley), ABB and FANUC Robots.
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Excellent "hands on" electrical/mechanical aptitude
- Experience working with electrical/controls circuitry and schematics.
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to read and write in English and to perform mathematical calculations.