Seeking a Consultant, experienced in developing client relationships within the investment banking and private equity sectors. The ideal candidate will be experienced in consultative sales techniques and demonstrated client relationship and business development within these sectors. company is particularly focused on growing its Environmental Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practice within the financial and investment communities.
This role will leverage company's M&A and ESG experience and services to develop business with US and multinational clients. The ideal candidate will have experience with managing complex deal teams, executing a broad spectrum of due diligence work: subsurface risks (e.g. Phase I ESAs and Phase II ESAs); operational risks (e.g., permit reviews and EHS material compliance reviews); contaminated infrastructure; PFAS issues; ESG risks; business risks; post-acquisition planning across a diverse client range
Focuses strongly on safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate a commitment to safe operations.
Typical job assignments may include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Client account development, opportunity generation, and delivery of the full spectrum of company's consulting services to our clients, with a genuine approach to do what is right for the client.
- Be a leader in growing company's M&A services:Investment thesis advising and consultation.Due diligence including desktop reviews, Phase Is, Phase IIs, risk and liability assessments, EHS material compliance reviews, PFAS reviews.
- Environment, Social Governance (ESG) due diligence, including company's Sustainability Transaction Assessment Report (STAR) solution, and post-acquisition value creation workshops stemming from the STAR due diligence work.
- Post-acquisition integration services, including gap analyses, corrective actions
- Deal negotiation support, including support with insurance underwriters or other stakeholder's integral to the success of the deal.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with company's global strategy.
- Develop relationships at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of company's capabilities within key client organizations.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, genuine value, and quality service.
- Understand M&A marketplace, providing insights to company's M&A practice area on activity and strategic focus.
- Design due diligence programs for clients, and write proposals including content, budgets, presentations, and contracting.
- Lead complex due diligence consulting engagements involving multi-site portfolios and multi-person project teams locally, nationally, and globally.
- Work with clients to find solutions to transaction-driven issues.
- Assist company's M&A practice lead with building and growing a high-performance M&A team, providing mentoring and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Assist with driving innovation within the business to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate company in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build company's global business, as well as to lead client and technical teams.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction and expectations, and internal metrics.
- Minimum of 13 years in the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHS&S) consulting industry, 5 years M&A experience, and a degree in environmental science, geology, environmental engineering, or related field as applicable. Advanced degrees preferred, particularly an MBA.
- Thorough understanding of the M&A life cycle from investment thesis advising, to acquisition due diligence, integration assistance, post-acquisition corrective actions, and advising on exit strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships within the financial investment community through consultative sales techniques.
- Experienced with managing complex deal teams.
- Solid understanding of ESG, and how businesses are incorporating ESG into their programs and investment theses, particularly with clients in the financial sector.
- Capable of advising clients at the C-suite level regarding EHS risks, designing a due diligence program around a client's risk profile, and catering to a client's comfort levels and specific deal requirements.
- Assist clients with deal negotiations, supporting financing requirements, supporting insurance underwriting, and navigating risk valuationsl.
- Experience with deal teams including investment bankers, private equity firms, M&A legal counsel, and insurance underwriters.
- Self-sufficient with excellent proposal writing and report writing skills, capable of producing high quality client-ready documents.
Please apply directly if this looks like it could be of interest