Position & Company Summary: A leading Vertically Integrated Developer / EPC is seeking a Senior Civil Structural Engineer to join their engineering team. The Senior Civil Structural Engineer will support the EPC team throughout all project design phases, reporting to the Director of Engineering or other designated management.
- Oversee civil and structural project design, complying with regulations, customer needs, and site inspections.
- Design civil engineering aspects for utility-scale PV plants, including road systems, grading modeling, drainage, and erosion control.
- Review technical documentation for design, cost, and schedule considerations.
- Lead the development of best practices for civil and structural engineering in PV plant projects.
- Manage external resources such as engineering consultants and surveyors.
- Develop and review project schedules, cost estimates, budgets, and material lists.
- Create and maintain project documentation and drawings.
- Provide technical training to team members and new hires.
- Collaborate with the team to enhance system standards.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and safety.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional engineering experience in renewable industries, especially solar and energy storage.
- Utility scale project experience (100mw+)
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D and LPILE (or equivalent).
- Assertive, team-oriented, and able to handle pressure.
- Previous project management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with permitting processes with local authorities preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Remote Flexibility