ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Our client is a notable multidiscipline engineering consulting firm, With offices across NSW, our client focuses mainly on land development, urban development, and utilities. With a deep history within the Sydney market, they have strong connections across Australia.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will be involved in the entire process of the project, from start to finish. You will work alongside Principal and other Senior Engineers, as well as mentoring Junior engineers. You must be able to lead a project from start to finish. You will be Involved with client interaction - local councils, builders, clients. Attend project/design meetings. Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team of specialist consultants, including construction engineers and project managers to get the best outcomes for all stakeholders. Mentor, guide and support junior staff. Your project portfolio will consist of small to large scale residential, industrial, commercial and sub-division projects.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise work and meet established deadlines.
- Lateral thinking skills to tackle and overcome complex engineering problems.
- Assess the impact and feasibility of site due diligence, preliminary layout and up to the final engineering design.
- Prepare architectural drawings and schematic designs based on project requirements.
- Study and assess drawings, plans, specifications and other documents relating to construction projects.
- Determine budget, project schedules and scope of work and deploy appropriate staff.
- Direct, lead and support other engineering and skilled personnel in managing and executing multiple tasks and projects.
- Lead and direct onsite construction teams.
- Collaborate and interact with construction teams, architects and outside project developers and consultants.
- Manage deliverables on time and within the budget.
- Initiate and ensure standard civil engineering discipline in drawings and plans including geotechnical, wind and hydrology analyses.
- Adhere to the best practices, standards and procedures of the company.
- The vision to plan new communities, and the ability to lead a team to bring your vision into reality.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant industry experience, preferably within a land development / engineering design consultancy environment.
- Extensive knowledge of local design standards and water authority codes.
- Comprehensive 12d design skills and a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Practical knowledge in areas such as project management and construction are highly desirable.