The role of the Senior Bridge Engineer is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Senior PM. The Senior Bridge Engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project.
The Senior Bridge Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include preparing the plans and designs of structures such as highway and railroad bridges, multilevel interchanges and drainage structures.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Direct and/or perform simple to complex bridge design and analysis
- Be responsible for the development of engineering calculations and drawing details
- Development of engineering specifications, quantities and cost estimates
- Review and/or approve contractor submittals during construction
- Maintain thorough understanding of state-of-the art practices in highway and railway bridges
- Provide opportunities for technical growth and knowledge sharing within the office
- Provide technical oversight and quality assurance on multiple bridge design projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Licensed Professional Engineer required
- Demonstrated technical ability in designing and rehabilitating highway bridges
- Knowledgeable in use of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and INDOT design standards and manuals
- Proficient in using structural analysis software such as STAAD Pro, Conspan, RC Pier, MDX and DOT software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage budget and schedule delivery
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
The selected candidate(s) will have the ability to progress in a firm that works on large and complex projects and has a focus on work-life balance. Please apply directly.