My client is currently seeking Consultants for a Project Architect / Project Engineering Position located in the San Francisco, Los Angeles area. The firm are a national Architectural and Engineering consulting firm with a highly regarded professional reputation in the demanding fields of physical due diligence and construction consulting on commercial real estate development projects.
If you are someone who enjoys working with buildings and construction, being out of the office, not stuck behind a desk, and would like to work on a variety of projects on a day to day basis and would like a new way to use your skills, education, and experience, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Reviewing construction documents and costs, monitoring on-going construction projects, reviewing contractor payment applications, and assisting senior staff with property condition surveys
- Work on GMP Contracts and Lump sum projects
- Work in Multifamily New Construction, Urban and small town development, Retail, Hotel, and some Historic renovations.
- Work from home, and have the ability to self-manage every aspect of your day, this would encompass scheduling your travel, scheduling meetings
- Travel from site to site and compare plans, and specs to what has been done, or not done for Construction loans to release funds to contractors Evaluate the conformance of the work to the contract documents, and scheduled progress versus actual work in places
- Provide feasibility studies to the bank or investors
- You will provide the information to assist underwriting for financial institutions
- Work on project sizes from 10 million to 50 million and up
- Work on 8-15 projects at once
- Focus on construction, not project design
- Consult face to face with Developers, Bankers and owners
- Have or are working on your Professional Architecture or Engineering Licensure
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or Engineering
- 5 plus years of relevant in Construction management, Administration and Architecture
- Working on your Professional Architecture or Engineering licensure, or willing to get it done in a specific amount of time
- The ability to work effectively with bankers, developers, and owners.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Available for frequent site to site and occasional overnight travel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- 5 year Architectural Degree or Engineering Degree
- Any experience with Seismic planning and regulations specifically niche to California
- RA or PE licensure
- Consulting experience