LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows for us utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients that we can introduce our candidates to!
Senior Analyst, Supply Chain & Commodity Costs
This position is responsible for tracking, analyzing, and managing variable cost risks and opportunities for renewable energy projects in the US. You will interface directly with external data sources, manufacturers, supply chain providers, and with multiple functional groups to compile a comprehensive forecast of supply chain and commodity costs. You will also ensure that project cost estimates incorporate the market forecast and maintain a suite of cost analysis tools. This position reports into the Senior Manager of Planning & Optimization.
- Responsible for estimating, tracking, and reporting variable cost risk with indexed pricing mechanisms on commodity and logistics costs
- Evaluate and report out internally from data resources on commodities and logistics cost forecasts and trends
- Work closely with internal teams to provide cost input on design optimization, value engineering, and constructability reviews.
- Define and forecast magnitude of variable costs and communicate impacts to project budget to the Project Controls group
- Support review and analysis of EPC bids received
- Strong analytical, forecasting, and modeling capabilities using WBS cost structures, large data sets, and forecasting models
- Reviewing and creating custom commodity reports from third party market data resources
- Familiar with estimating software like, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Primavera P6, etc.
- 4+ years of experience with estimating, project development, project planning
- Reviewing and rationalizing cost indices and commodities