The Security Technology Manager for is a full time technical management role with a focus on overseeing the integrity of physical security technologies, fire life safety communications systems and building access control for the commercial office and retail portfolio.
The Security Technology Manager is responsible for execution of the following objectives:
- Proficient in building as builds, infrastructure and equipment that serve both base building and tenants in the areas of communication and infrastructure, including but limited to CCTV, access control, radio system, first responder DAS, intercom systems, video management system, security turnstiles, and elevator destination dispatch interface
- Implement Corporate Security policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained physical security infrastructure.
- Manage service and maintenance contracts for Integrators whose services involve, use or impact the building's security infrastructure such as 2 way radio system, CCTV, access control, video management system, intercoms, etc
- Conduct and document weekly physical and technical inspections of system operability and proactively identify areas requiring repair or maintenance
- Manage projects pertaining to security technology and associated infrastructure with Integrators, including ad hoc advisory services for development projects
- Coordinate and manage technological installations for property management and engineering departments, and provide support as necessary, including Visio and Cad documentation.
- Responsible for managing results-oriented contract services, including pricing, negotiation, walkthroughs, meetings, work orders, quality control and payment approval
- Participate in leveraging established security technology national buying power with vetted manufactures and providers
- Participate in expense management efforts, including continual assessment of contracts, services and other property functions
- Review documentation and plans for stakeholder installations to ensure adherence to building standard of security, integrity and function of physical security infrastructure
- Participate with the preparation and regular reforecasting of the operating and capital budgets in the areas of responsibility
- Participate in change request documentation and Change advisory board submissions.
- Assist with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the property operations team, law enforcement, fire dept. and other first responders
- Promote organizational strategies, policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the asset, ensuring honest, timely and transparent communication to Corp Security and Operations
- Maintain access of all tenant requests via PRISM / Aware manager request platforms
The Security Technology Manager is responsible to ensure Corp IT policies are adhered to in coordinating with IT Manager as needed in the assistance of the following objectives:
- Coordinate and/or provide access to or resolve Security Technology equipment issues involving the base building telecommunications rooms
- Coordinate with IT Manager requiring access to infrastructure to install or maintain communications system, maintaining record of all access control requests to MDF/IDS's
- Maintain productive relationships with tenants, including handling tenant access control requests and challenges
- Work with all providers to ensure the most efficient installations of equipment and services that best serve stakeholders and do not interfere with or pose a risk to other building operations and communications functions
- Coordinate with construction and operation teams commissioning and testing of the physical security technologies scope of work meets industry standards and best practices.
- Manage critical issues and participate as a leader in response to emergencies related to the physical security infrastructure in order to implement necessary corrective measures.
- Assist IT Manager in critical infrastructure responses and necessary corrective measures
- Conduct and document monthly inspections of all access control systems in telecommunications, electric, and other sensitive closets in order to ensure compliance with building standard. Including not limited to Ccure IDF/MDF door reports
- Remain knowledgeable of changing technologies and make recommendations that increase system performance and realize monetary and other efficiencies for stakeholders and residents
- Maintain productive relationships with ownership groups to ensure service is delivered to the highest standard and expectation as managing agent for the facility
- The candidate will be on-site for at least 8 hours each day. The candidate will be available to respond to emergency trouble calls and engage with Integrator service tickets.
- Maintain scheduled upgrades and performance patching with Integrators for physical security applications.
- Experience in enterprise access control and VMS including Class A retail or mixed-use asset.
- Effective, clear, and affirmative verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of building IT and telecommunications systems
- Background of direct responsibility for energy management on a facility and/or regional level
- Understanding of property management issues
- Background in leadership, direction, counsel and motivation to a team of diverse skill sets
- Ability to perform written assignments, including preparation of reports, proofreading and editing
- Highly organized and goal oriented
- Ability to quickly adapt to new priorities and work to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment, while also managing competing priorities
Industry Related Experiences & Knowledge:
- Tyco's Software House Ccure 9000 - Enterprise Certification
- Genetec Synergis, Omnicast, and Security Center
- Salto systems
- Intercom systems such as Commend, Axis with SIP
- 2 Way radio Systems
- CCNA or Network +
- Troubleshoot and Repair electronic security systems
- Low-voltage security electronic devices
- Knowledge of AC/DC Circuits and Relay Logic