One of the leading Biomass and Hydro Electric firms globally is focusing quite heavily on their US Market Development. As a result, they are going to be acquiring and building these facilities across the US and are looking for someone who can oversee the maintenance, trouble shooting and upgrading of their security system architecture across the US to create a more reliable
They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Physical Security Systems Specialist to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining physical security systems, with a focus on CCTV and TCP/IP technologies. They will work closely with our Project Teams and IT to ensure that the security needs are met and that all systems are functioning at optimal levels.
Security Systems Specialist Responsibilities:
- Design and implement physical security systems that meet client needs, with a focus on CCTV and TCP/IP technologies.
- Conduct site surveys to determine the most effective placement of cameras and other security equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair system issues, including hardware and software problems.
- Conduct regular system tests and maintenance to ensure system reliability and accuracy.
- Provide technical support and training to internal and external stakeholders on the use of security systems.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security technologies and trends in the industry.
Security Systems Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field AND OR experience implementing these technologies in an Industrial Environment
- At least 2-3 years of experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining physical security systems, with a focus on CCTV and TCP/IP technologies.
- Proficiency in configuring and managing CCTV systems, including IP cameras, NVRs, and VMS software.
- Knowledge of access control systems and intrusion detection systems is an added plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time, but as time goes on this will more than likely decrease.
Security Systems Specialist Benefits:
- Medical benefits for self and family from Day 1 of hire, which include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short-term, Long-term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D (company provided)
- 401 K matching of 1% to 6% (dollar to dollar)
- 15 working days- paid time off - per calendar year
- 4 additional floating holidays days per calendar year (pro rated based on start date)
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year
- Bonus of 7.5% of the annual salary depending on the company performance