A leading heavy civil construction firm is currently seeking a Safety Manager specializing in overseeing site development and water treatment construction projects. The Safety Manager will be responsible for multiple ongoing projects and will be expected to be present on-site when necessary.
This heavy civil firm works exclusively in Tampa, FL and the surrounding area. The firm also has an industry-leading culture with a backbone of long-term staff that the candidate will integrate with. They prioritize safety above all else and strive to maintain the health and well-being of their employees, which gives them their high reputation in the area.
The Safety Manger is responsible for:
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Analyzing equipment installation efforts and recommending safety improvements
- Inspecting organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determining corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and following up to ensure measures have been implemented
- General oversight of site projects to ensure the safest and healthiest possible working environments
The Safety Manager should have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience as a Safety Manager preferred
- An extensive background in heavy civil work is preferred
- Able to be present in the Tampa area at all times (relocation will be considered upon request)
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Vision and Life insurance
- Opportunities for bonuses and career advancement
If you are interested in the Safety Manager role, then please don't wait to apply!