The Project Manager works under the direction and guidance of the State Service Lead / Director and works collaboratively with other managers in leading the Company toward its long-term vision of being the preeminent transportation consulting firm. This role performs the operations and tasks necessary to support Company projects, public and private. This is an exempt position and serves as an ambassador of the brand to internal and external clients.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations
- Oversees technical design and plan production through the life cycle of assigned project(s).
- Works with private/public sector clients by attending client meetings, presentations, addressing client inquiries, and participates in business development.
- Supports marketing with project pursuits, technical presentations, and interviews.
- Manages multiple publicly and privately funded projects and provides technical quality control of projects.
- Prepares project fee proposals and follows up as appropriate.
- Responsible for tracking of costs, schedules, and performance measurements for assigned projects.
- Supervises work of Project Managers, Associates and Interns.
- Responsible for personal professional development through collaboration with other service areas to develop broader awareness of the relationships between the various project design disciplines.
- Mentors/Coaches Project Managers, Associates and Interns to develop staff.
- Project billability to exceed 75-80% to meet expectations.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline. Professional Engineering licensure in the state where this person's work is primarily performed.
- At least 6 years of overall and progressively responsible experience with public and private sector projects, ideally in the A/E/C industry.
- Experience managing people or a team
- Preferred to manage or have managed $250K in revenue generation
- Good problem-solving skills combined with a questioning attitude that probes issues and seeks resolutions compatible with the assigned projects.
- Strong knowledge of MicroStation, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and other applicable software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage all communications within the Company and with clients.
- Knowledge of appropriate technical design standards and practices.
- Works well independently and collaboratively.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and adaptable.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion.