We are looking for a restoration engineer to investigate, analyse and design repair and maintenance solutions for plazas, building envelopes, parking structures, roofs and other structures.
The engineer will have strong communication skills for working with clients and the design team. The engineer should have a background and interest in structures, investigations and materials that are used to develop solutions which ultimately add value and longevity to the clients project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Experience or interest in performing condition assessments, investigations, field testing, construction observation.
- Experience or interest in developing technical experience for different structural systems like: prestressed concrete, post-tensioned concrete, steel, masonry or timber.
- Experience or interest in analysis of field data, structural analysis, spreadsheet cost estimations and computer modelling.
- Strong communication and writing skills for technical reports, field reports and other communication with clients and the design team.
- Experience or interest in restoration design in a team environment for project drawings and specifications; review project submittals and shop drawings as part of construction administration services.
- Experience or interest in project management and assistance with project coordination and meetings with the client and team members.
- Bachelors in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Experience in evaluation and repair of existing structures is preferred.
- EIT required, PE preferred.
- Strong technical communication (written and verbal)
- Knowledge and experience using Autocad, Revit experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in the office as well as out in the field. The role may require occasional travel locally and outside the local area.
Benefits: include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits