About This Opportunity
Successful candidates will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers to add value and longevity to the built environment. You will continually improve service to our clients by performing professional engineering work to solve complex problems, many of which have no clear precedent and require fundamental and creative solution approaches.
- Participate in restoration/forensic and structural condition assessments.
- Develop and implement project investigations and determine appropriate approaches.
- Take a lead role in preparing project documents including drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Perform work that involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment, with complex features.
- Maintain schedule and budget for project work.
- Lead or serve on a project team and work independently within the assigned discipline area.
- Visit site to observe construction; prepare field reports.
- Attend client meetings as required.
- Review as-built and repair drawings and respond to field questions from contractors.
- Help train and mentor entry-level engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- Professional licensure PE, SE or RA.
- 5-8 years of engineering experience in structural forensics and restoration consulting or existing structures preferred.
- Proficient in report preparation using MS office suite.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Approximately 30% of the time will be spent in the field.