LVI Associates are in search of an experienced Restoration Consultant, who is a technically focused Project Manager with a significant understanding of building enclosure and waterproofing systems.
The role requires command level knowledge of a wide variety of building cladding, water and air barrier, roofing, decking, window, door, and below grade waterproofing systems. An architectural or engineering license is required but does not alone demonstrate sufficient capability to perform well in this position.
They are an employee-owned company that employs a diverse group of people. They take an incredibly targeted approach towards their people and focus on employing individuals with outstanding character, unwavering commitment to their core and culture, strong expertise, and genuine enthusiasm for their work. Their people enjoy a fulfilling and flexible work environment: one that is inclusive and genuinely values and fairly treats every employee; one that is flexible and based on trust and personal responsibility; one that encourages open communication, continued learning, innovative thinking, excellence, and teamwork; and one that provides each employee a combined opportunity for personal, professional, and financial growth that is unsurpassed in their business.
A little bit about you:
An individual will find success in this position if they are to improve their knowledge within the industry. Regular research is enjoyable to potential employees seeking this position. At current, you have significant experience with building enclosure systems including understanding of water, air, thermal and vapor barrier systems and the ability to opine on the qualities of these systems in a full range of climate regions. You have the ability to provide direction regarding correct installation of products and integrated systems in the field as well as the ability to redline drawings and specifications to guide decisions in the design process. You can also compare a variety of building systems and weigh benefits of each to achieve design goals. You will be required to act as authority in discussions during design and construction. To support this role, you must have knowledge of building enclosure, roofing, and waterproofing systems sufficient to be able to teach proper detailing and installation techniques
- Assume responsibility for key aspects of projects and complete assignments with limited oversight, including managing projects and acting as primary point of contact for clients, contractors, and project teams, as appropriate
- Perform hands-on forensic investigations, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, conducting diagnostic field testing, collecting data and samples, troubleshooting issues in the field, and preparing site visit reports
- Analyze field data and perform research and review of modern and historic construction documents, governing codes, and design guidelines to facilitate analysis, problem solving, and repair design
- Prepare conceptual, preliminary, and final client deliverables, including various construction documents, details, specifications, and written reports
- Contribute to company-wide objectives through involvement in office and company development initiatives, in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs) and research projects, and relevant industry committees and professional organizations
- Bachelor's degree or better in architecture, architectural engineering, building science, civil engineering or related field
- Three or more years of relevant experience (7+ preferred), with demonstrated interest in the design, construction, investigation, and/or repair of various building systems and construction types; construction principles of heat, air, and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies; evaluation of building performance; and/or preservation and rehabilitation of historic structures
- Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and understanding how things work
- Proactive, team player mindset with willingness to take on various responsibilities, tackle new challenges, and learn new skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing demands, while maintaining a high standard of excellence, integrity, and attention to detail
- Professional licensure and/or certifications preferred, as applicable (e.g., PE, RA, RRC, RRO)