An established European Renewable Development company is looking to bring on a results-oriented Project Developer in the United States who will work with the development team on wind and solar energy projects across the US and Canada. This highly motivated individual will lead all aspects of early to late-stage development and should have expertise in renewable energy policy and incentives, real estate, GIS, legal, design, permitting, site preparation, finance, and construction.
The Project Developer will be responsible for…
- technical components of solar and / or wind energy development, including project siting, site design, interconnection feasibility analysis, and securing offtake through traditional PPAs, VPPAs, and C&I buyers.
- Managing early-stage and late-stage project development activities up to COD for any projects under their purview.
- Evaluating new project opportunities and presenting recommendations based on review of state policy, legislation, compliance filings and market dynamics.
- Identifying strategic points of interconnection on the grid based on available capacity and managing interconnection requests with various ISOs and RTOs.
- Understanding local and state legislation, regulations, and policies specific to solar and / or wind energy development and operation.
- Community outreach, public presentations, contract negotiation, and communication with landowners, local and state government representatives, community members, and suppliers for successful development of renewable energy projects.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- Developing solar and / or wind energy projects that have achieved commercial operation.
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, ETAP, PVSyst, Helioscope, Wind Pro and other design software.
- College or University Degree.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the renewable energy sector, or related development field.
Competitive benefit and bonus package
If you are looking to join a team of renewable energy professionals who are passionate about, the environment, community, and shared social values this is the role for you!