Urgent Remote Opportunity
Seeking a senior engineer to manage and perform preliminary engineering for a multi-state territory. This position can work remote after initial training.
- A preliminary senior engineer conducts Ground Improvement and Support of Excavation / Structures designs for estimating and bidding purposes, under the general direction of a pre-liminary engineering manager. At times, this engineer may be reviewing the work of others. An engineer in this role works closely with salespeople for their region, providing design support as well as feedback on design and construction feasibility. This role requires effective time management and proficiency in multitasking. Good engineering judgement is critical.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of project engineers, CAD operators.
- Manages priorities and work flow with salespeople and support staff.
- Provides feedback on feasibility of ground improvement and SOE/structural design solutions.
- Develops supplemental documents such as Basis of Bids or "rough order of magnitude" quotes.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Collaborates with other engineers and professionals, both within Geostructures and with outside firms, clients, and consultants.
- Stays informed of new technologies relevant to our work.
- BS in Civil Engineering with focus on geotechnical coursework
- 5 to 10 years' relevant experience in geotechnical engineering since Bachelor's degree.
- PE license (or expected within one year)
- Demonstrated independent engineering judgement
- Strong technical writing, communication skills and interpersonal skills
This is a remote position which requires applicants must live in Philadelphia, PA / New York, NY / Baltimore, MD