The company has been deemed a leading global water technology organisation that is dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues and has become the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose which is to create advanced technology as well as other trusted solutions to solve the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #allthingswater, apply below!
The Role: The company is seeking a Sales Representative to cover the assigned region. They will utilize individual technical, communication and product skills to solve customer fluid handling problems and increase company business through addressing global water issues that center around water scarcity and water quality. The company's membrane technology is capable of selectively removing organics from polluted water, including micropollutants, color, antibiotics, PFAS, bacteria and viruses. This has resulted in new and simple processes for the treatment of water, the reuse of wastewater and the production of potable water.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Plan and organize business strategies to achieve desired growth results. Establish new rental and sales accounts through territory management, to include cold calling and personal visits to potential customer sites. Develop a diverse customer base to include traditional and nontraditional accounts and speciality market segments.
- Identify, analyze and assess customers' pumping needs and react appropriately by recommending and designing pumping systems.
- Develop a strong understanding of market conditions and local competitor pricing in order to position the company as the leading choice.
- Provide technical services and support to customers, including educating them through in-person presentations and equipment demonstrations.
- Expand the sale and rental of pumping products and aftermarket sales and services through establishing and maintaining customer contacts.
- Collaborate with office and support staff to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Collaborate with local and the companies sales teams, as well as, all branch and corporate departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Engineering, Growth Center Management, Branch Manager and Sales Team regarding new equipment, equipment availability and rental programs. This will include industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Utilizing the Customer Relationship Management system, generate sales plans, sales reports, bids, proposals and quotes; maintain prompt completion of filing expense reports and call reports.
- Keep up-to-date with and review/analyze lead generators.
- Participate in trade/professional shows and conferences as required.
- Remain conscious and role model a safety-first approach at all time; ensure safety and regulatory compliance at both the company offices and on customer sites.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to use consistent business processes to achieve desired results, including ability to react appropriately and timely to changing business needs.
- Willingness and ability to provide superior customer service at all times.
- Experience with CRM systems; Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience in selling RO/NF/UF membranes and/or membrane based water/wastewater treatment systems
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong sales acumen and record of achievement.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, coworkers and management team
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Science/Engineering, preferably in chemical or process engineering
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies Location preferred to be in the United States, based out of the candidate's home office
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.