LVI are partnered with a boutique forensic engineering firm with a national presence, seeking a P.E. Licensed Forensic Structural Engineer in Dallas, Houston or Austin to join their growing teams and expand their presence in Texas.
The company was founded the company over 15 years ago. The owners came from a huge, private equity backed engineering firm and wanted to set up a business with a model that ran against the dry, metric based setting they had previously experienced. The company is unique in the way the senior leadership take a hands on approach in operating the firm, and have been strict in their growth, hiring strategically rather than opportunistically, with engineers that make the right cultural fit, alongside the technical fit. They go above and beyond for each employee in the business, from training seminars and conferences, to providing the autonomy needed for everyone to control their own schedule and work to their own hours, to ensure everyone can maintain a work-life balance that works for them.
This is a remote-based position for a driven engineer looking for a step up in their career, where they can take ownership of their work and help build something for a growing company.
- Conduct forensic investigations on single and multifamily residential, and commercial properties, determining the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, construction defects and building system failures for a clientele of leading insurance carriers and adjusters.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damages (wind, hail, tornado, hurricanes, and floods) as well and construction design defects.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required time-frames.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time-lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Providing both written and verbal reports to tight deadlines regarding multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil/Structural is preferred)
- P.E. license holder in the state of Texas
- 10+ year's experience in engineering
- 2+ year's experience in Forensics - Structural design, investigation, and construction defect experience.
- Project Management experience: Covering a variety of multifamily and commercial structures.
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas!