Our Client, a full service architectural and engineering firm that provides a full range of solutions and construction support to the federal government, is seeking a RCDD certified Telecommunications Specialist to join their growing team in Chantilly, VA. The team operates in some of the most chalenging environments to provide support services to a variety of governmental agencies globally.
Main responsibility are:
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Prepare calculations of equipment electrical loads and cooling loads.
- Edit low voltage electrical specifications with limited input from senior staff.
- Edit specifications to reflect project requirements.
- Coordinate with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Read and interpret related industry codes and standards (e.g. NEC, FGI), and incorporate into designs.
- Prepare floor plans showing low voltage device layouts, cable pathways, equipment, etc.
- Prepare system riser diagrams with limited input from senior staff.
- Select and schedule equipment with limited oversight from senior staff.
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Coordinate with other disciplines (MEPFP, Architectural, Structural, etc.)
- Understand and properly apply existing exp details relevant to projects
- Apply risk management procedures to minimize exp's and client's exposure to problems.
- Work with senior engineers, PM and client to meet scheduled milestones on multiple projects.
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Respond to RFI's for the project, and accurately review submittal with limited input from senior staff.
- Manage and deliver revisions (ASI's, etc) and sketches according to proper numbering convention
- Inspect installation of systems for completeness and operability.
- Solve installation problems with low voltage electrical systems, travel to site to resolve issues.
- Design and specification of structured cabling systems, audio/visual systems, security systems and other Extra Low Voltage (ELV) systems.
- Capable of creating and designer in AutoCad and Revit.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Telecommunications Technology Engineer
- RCDD accreditation
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure including design of cable plant (horizontal & backbone), pathways, telecommunication room design and data center design including security, cabinet placement and LAN/WAN equipment coordination
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
- Active Security Clearance