One of the Leading Energy Conglomerates Globally is looking to bring on a highly skilled and experienced R&D System Test Engineer to join their eMobility team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in testing both hardware and software, as well as a passion for electric and hybrid vehicles.
As a System Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and executing comprehensive test plans for hardware and software components in our eMobility products specifically their EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that all testing is thorough and meets our high quality standards working closely with Project Managers and System Architects on the Development team.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems, as well as excellent problem-solving skills. Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Bash is also a plus.
If you are a self-starter with a strong attention to detail and a passion for driving innovation in the eMobility space, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
As an R&D System Test Engineer for EV Charging, some of your job responsibilities may include:
- Designing and executing comprehensive test plans for hardware and software functions in eMobility products
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure that all testing is thorough and meets quality standards
- Identifying and troubleshooting issues during testing, and working with development teams to resolve them
- Participating in the design and development of new eMobility products, providing input on test-ability and reliability
- Developing and maintaining automated testing frameworks to improve efficiency and reduce manual testing efforts
- Conduct EV infrastructure interoperability testing which should include cloud communication, EV service providers, OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol) and building management software (such as Modbus) to ensure that charging systems and building energy management systems integrate seamlessly
- Responsible for external testing site oversight
- Writing technical reports and documentation for testing activities and results
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and developments in eMobility technology, and applying this knowledge to improve testing processes and products.
R&D System Test Engineer Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Computer Science, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in testing hardware and software
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with eMobility products is a plus