We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Water Resources business line in Illinois for projects for our clients focused on watershed science, hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality analysis, and stream restoration. The Project Manager is responsible for assisting in marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, scoping and negotiating scopes and fees, client follow-up, billing/collections and maintenance. The Project Manager must maintain superior relationships with each of their clients. The Project Manager may manage several projects and tasks, and may be responsible for completing those tasks, simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the scope of services, detailed project budget and contract for the Team Leader's review and approval.
- Works with the Team and Sector Leader(s) to determine the composition of project team(s). Assigns tasks, schedules, and budget to project team members (including any subcontractors). Coordinates project scheduling.
- Is responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. Responsible for leading formal Project Reviews for their projects.
- Assures that a QA/QC review is completed at the appropriate stages of each project.
- Serves a primary client contact for selected projects.
- Monitors project's adherence to company standards, including Quality Control and Quality Assurance specifications and CADD standards.
- Documents the performance of project team members through completion of Project Staff Reviews. Communicates significant performance issues to team members and Team Leaders so that appropriate action may be taken.
- Provides input into the creation of marketing plans and maintains regular and accurate record of marketing activities with individual clients. Identifies project opportunities and provides input to the Go/No Go decision.
- Directs the preparation of proposals and interviews.
- May present projects to clients on a regular basis and may present the proposal to the client and/or take a lead role in the interview.
- Cross markets other firm services as appropriate to their clients
- Responsible for coordinating the timely invoicing and collection of fees.
- Maintains contact with the client after the project is completed and cross markets such other services as is appropriate (in conjunction with Client Service Manager, where appropriate).
- Assures project correspondence is complete and appropriate and that established lines of communication are maintained with the client, contractors, sub-consultants and team members.
- Leads and provides day-to-day guidance to staff
- Reviews/approves timesheets, expenses, and training requests of assigned personnel
- Working with Business Line leadership and HR, responsible for leading interview process to select and hire new employees
- Conducts regularly occurring group meetings with team members (bi-weekly or as needed)
- Responsible for providing constructive feedback to staff, and, working with Business Line leadership and HR, addresses staff performance issues in a timely and sufficient manner
- Responsible for communicating and supporting conformance to company policies and procedures
- Sets annual goals with staff and conducts Mid-Year performance conversations and Annual Performance Evaluations with staff and PL
- Engages in development-focused discussions with staff and assists staff in identifying and pursuing activities and project tasks aligned with their development objectives.
- Identifies staffing needs and communicates such needs to PL. Enters position requisitions in ADP.
Education and Experience
Has a B.S. degree in engineering or a scientific area. Graduate degree in appropriate discipline preferred. Has ten or more years' experience in area of technical specialty (e.g. engineering, architecture, science). Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and a demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time. Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others. Working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, managers, and vendors.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to balance and coordinate the interests and demands of multiple internal clients simultaneously.
Must possess a current, valid Professional licensure/certification in area of technical specialty (e.g. Engineering, Architecture, etc.). The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business and maintain a valid driver's license in the state of residence.
$130,000.00 - $160,000.00
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and California's SB 1162. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, skills, prior work experience, competencies, and geographic work location. The total annual compensation package may consist of a base salary and eligibility to participate, after a qualifying period, in our performance and discretionary incentive bonus program(s).