My client has been in business for over 70 years. They have provided general contracting services to a wide variety of public and private clients throughout the Northeast. The company has an extensive history of successful performance in many markets including environmental, municipal, commercial, institutional, and industrial construction. As a self-performing general contractor, they are equipped to take on the most challenging and demanding projects, typically performing over 50% of the project activities with our own workforces.
- Construction Management experience (5 years preferred)
- Construction Management and/or Civil Engineering degree
- Ability to read plans, specs, geotechnical reports, etc.
- Experience performing takeoffs
- Experience using B2W (Bid2Win) software preferred
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project)
- CAD experience preferred
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and direct construction projects from receipt of letter of intent to completion.
- Review and understand terms of contract document
- Responsible for all submittals, permits and licenses
- Oversee all construction to monitor compliance with safety regulations.
- Outline schedule and meet contractual conditions of performance and milestones.
- Responsible for documenting all changed conditions
- Review the work progress on daily basis and attend job meetings.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status including quarterly job cost forecasting.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Review and approval of invoices.
- Communication with clients and fellow colleagues.