- Plan and manage project scope, schedules, and budget.
- Identify and manage project risks, to include risks associated with construction and/or highly technical based contracts.
- Attend and facilitate required meetings, conferences, and working groups.
- Provide effective mentoring, counselling, and discipline for all Team Members
- Communicate effectively with all project stake holders and demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of contract requirements regarding project management.
- Participate in management and technical reviews of services/products and identify risks to quality, schedule, and cost.
- Participate in the calculation and justification for contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Serve as chairperson of the Engineering Review Board, which establishes, maintains, and implements Configuration Management/Change Control of changes proposed by TDB.
- Develops overarching strategic TSS Development plan and works with engineers to develop 1, 5, and 10-year Technology Development plan for each TSS system.
- Provides guidance to all engineers and technicians on following the systems development lifecycle plan when evaluating products/systems.
- Review TSS requirements to ensure new solutions are in line with TDBs strategic vision for next generation solutions.
- Review system/site designs to ensure it complies and compatible with approved baseline configurations.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Must have, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electromechanical Engineering, Computer Science or System engineering) as appropriate to the subject matter expertise denoted in the labour category title; and,
- Must demonstrate the ability to provide expert-level engineering, design, implementation, technical support, and consulting services on new product developments and technological applications that are like those employed by the DOS.
- Ability to architect physical security technology solutions to accommodate complex mission needs and design architecture to align technologies with network, security, and policy in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance or higher.