LVI are looking for an experienced Architect or Engineer to operate in the role of Project Manager to facilitate with the exciting growth and development of the West Coast Region. The position involves review of a variety of aspects of building development projects during design, construction, and occupancy.
The Project Manager is expected to work with significant autonomy simultaneously on several projects assigned. Individuals in this role must manage their time effectively to meet project deadlines while being able to be flexible enough to shift priorities to meet client needs.
The company are construction consulting firm that provides technical expertise to architects, owners, investors, and contractors. They are primarily based on the West Coast, but have additional remote employees and their business is nationwide. They are a small company of around 40 employees, in which people get to wear many hats. Much of their work is highly technical, and their employees regularly engage in research to improve knowledge in a variety of construction and design subjects.
Their culture is one of collaboration, intellectual curiosity, technical expertise, and integrity. They are a connected group that regularly engages socially while much of their staff continues to work remote.
The Project Manager (Associate) position requires a good understanding of building science and building codes. Candidates should have an interest in the "technical side" of architecture or engineering and a drive to understand all types of building systems. Lifelong learners will find excitement in their culture of regular knowledge sharing. While graphic skills are beneficial, this role does not involve design. Project Managers regularly produce written reports, so you need to enjoy technical writing. The ability to communicate effectively with contractors, developers, consultants, municipal officials, and project investor/equity partners is critical to the role. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Some of the specific Project Manager responsibilities and assignments include, but are not limited to:
- pre-construction peer reviews and reporting
- construction quality monitoring
- construction project site visits and reporting
- construction draw monitoring
- owner representation in new, redevelopment and CIP projects
- reserve studies
- property condition assessments
- accessibility or building envelope specific plan reviews and site visits
- project management
- other miscellaneous consulting projects completed by company.
Minimum Position Requirements: (Please do not apply without all of the following qualifications.)
- Architectural or Engineering professional licensure, current
- Minimum 7 years of experience in building design and/or construction.
- Strong written communication skills.
- (Authorship of reports in narrative format is required in this position.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to communicate effectively to clients and coworkers in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to travel regularly for work.
- Ability to track multiple tasks on various time lines simultaneously while working largely autonomously to meet client needs.
Preferred Candidate Attributes: (Any/all of these are considered beneficial but not required.)
- Specific knowledge or experience in building enclosure systems including roofing, cladding, weather barrier, and above and below grade waterproofing.
- Specific knowledge or experience in accessible design.
- Additional certifications related to building enclosure, code compliance, accessibility, or project management.
- Experience in consulting work of a similar nature