I am working with a regional powerhouse company that are looking to strategically hire a project manager to join their team in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This is an opportunity with a lot of room for growth and career escalation. The right candidate will have a serious opportunity to grow into a branch manager role.
* Prepare engineering documents for use in construction activities. In order to prepare documents, collect and analyse field data of existing conditions, complete engineering calculations to determine design parameters, and determine the best solutions to resolve existing problems within budget limitations.
* Perform construction management duties. Duties include conducting initial meetings with contractors to describe the project, obtain pricing from contractors and review to determine relevancy to the project, and make recommendations to the client on the award of the project. Perform construction monitoring during the work to ensure the final product is in compliance with engineered project documents, and coordinate any deficiencies observed with the contractor for resolution. Identify, evaluate and implement potential solutions to resolve conflicts identified during the work.
* Conduct assessments and investigations. Duties include determining the appropriate processes to be used, assembly and operation of testing apparatuses, directing the making and repairing of destructive openings in roofing and wall systems. Prepare documentation describing the existing conditions and deficiencies observed, and provide recommendations for improvements to existing conditions.
Skills + Knowledge:
* Have working knowledge of materials and installation processes used in roofing, wall, and other enclosure assemblies.
* Have working knowledge of Building Codes and engineering calculations, and use engineering judgement to apply these items to actual field conditions.
* Ability to understand project specifications, submittals, and other documentation, identify discrepancies between actual construction and project requirements, and articulate these discrepancies both verbally and in written reports.
* Ability to operate equipment used in assessments and investigations, including an infrared camera, electrical capacitance meters, water testing units, etc.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
* (Microsoft) Word processing, spreadsheets, and general computer skills.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering field, or formal technical program and equivalent experience.
- PE License
- At least 5 years experience.