Our client provides multidisciplinary, preliminary, and construction design services for mixed-use, commercial, and residential land development projects, along with industrial, sports, schools, and other site development types. As a Civil Project Engineer in their Denver office, you will apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields. The project engineer is a registered professional engineer, whose supervision and guidance relate largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. The project engineer supervises, coordinates, and reviews work of engineers or technicians and performs complex or novel assignments that require development of new and improved techniques and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares planning and design documents in appropriate engineering discipline.
* Performs process design calculations, prepares cost estimates, and uses economic analyses for comparison of alternatives.
* Assists with or develops project scope of work or portions of it; assists with or develops project schedule or portions of it; assists with completion of initiation paperwork; assists with budget reviews and schedules progress reports.
* Coordinates projects with other teams; performs and coordinates design aspects of projects; directs team members on design tasks; maintains project records (correspondence, drawings, and files); informs project managers of progress and problems; coordinates with clients; attends client meetings.
* Assists with marketing/business development; may help write proposals.
* May serve as project manager on small projects.
* Independently performs assignments on complex projects.
* Coordinates assistant and associate professional staff and technical staff's work; may supervise student or technical staff.
You are passionate about:
* Working collaboratively with others
* Having ownership in the work you do
* Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to contribute and work well on a team.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
* 6 or more years of related Civil Engineering experience.
* Must be a registered Professional Engineer.
* Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals, etc.
* Working knowledge of Civil 3D.
Our client is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. They're here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, they work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an employee, you'll receive their traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you'll:
* Become an owner in the company after your first year through their Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
* Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
* Receive an excellent 401(k) match
* Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
* Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
* Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements