Company Summary: A leading IPP in the renewable industry is seeking a Project Engineer to join their engineering team. This client is one of the largest operating fleets in the US, with 300+ sites and 30GW under development. As a Project Engineer you'll report to the Senior Manager of Project Engineering and oversee the detailed design process for solar and energy storage projects across the U.S. You'll collaborate with various internal departments and external partners to optimize designs, negotiate contracts, and support construction and commissioning activities.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Lead the technical aspects of utility-scale PV, PV+Storage, and Energy Storage projects.
- Manage resources for site due diligence, cost assessment, and risk evaluation.
- Ensure engineering deliverables meet contractual and performance requirements.
- Refine energy input assessments and optimize site layouts.
- Coordinate with designers, consultants, and contractors to meet project deadlines.
- Draft technical documents and review contract details.
- Collaborate with the Development team on energy resource predictions and simulations.
- Oversee contractor deliverables during construction.
- Represent the client in meetings and negotiations.
- Contribute to the technology roadmap and project management processes.
- Support internal business development programs.
The Project Engineer will have the following qualifications...
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering or related field.
- Minimum 1+ years of solar industry experience with direct EPC experience and storage knowledge.
- Familiarity with solar and storage project design, market, suppliers, and costs.
- Experience in project financing and independent engineer requirements.
- Understanding of energy estimates, losses, and standards.
- Contract negotiation and management skills.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment standards and construction practices.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel occasionally and work after hours as needed.
- Strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
- Just received over $800 million to support their vast pipeline
- Hybrid / Remote flexibility