Responsibilities & Duties Individual duties will vary per specific project requirements, but may include:
* Working with the Project Manager, take full responsibility for project engineering activities and ensure that all engineering functions are completed in a timely, efficient manner and to the client's satisfaction.
* System design drawings Working with CAD staff, develop system block diagrams, system single lines, and rack elevations, plus A/V system integration with network infrastructure
* Prepare facility impact packages including conduit plans, cable schedules, engineering calculations for power consumption and heat load, equipment site plans, projection sightline drawings, and user interface solutions (OCC panels and touch screen layouts).
* Provide engineering support during the fabrication process to ensure work proceeds on schedule and meets the engineering requirements. Ensure conformance to quality standards.
* Conduct or oversee Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT, SAT) and preprogramming activities to ensure systems meet defined performance specifications and quality standards.
* Take full responsibility for the commissioning of systems on-site. Ensure that systems are operational on schedule to allow programming and handover of the completed systems. Ensure systems meet or exceed minimum required performance specifications.
* Effectively communicate engineering clarifications, design changes, and equipment substitutions to other departments and to clients' other consultants.
* Prepare training documentation and operation and maintenance manuals for on-schedule delivery by the Project Manager. Prepare FAT and SAT documentation and reports.
* Support and assist the Sales teams with the preparations and development of proposals and bid documents. Provide onsite and/or phone support for systems between the time of client handover and the start of the service contract.
Skills and Abilities
*Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues8 in a professional and timely manner
*Proven business writing skills Proficient with test and calibration equipment Support user acceptance testing Ability to program, change and troubleshoot (AMX/Crestron)
*Ability to diagnose complex system problems Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
*Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues.