A company that values creating lasting solutions that extend the service life of structures is at the heart of their business. Whether its preserving historic buildings, rehabilitating an existing structure, or designing green, high performance elements for new construction, our staff enjoy a supportive, creative work environment and engagement with other experienced and dedicated professionals.
This company encourages participation in industry groups, publication of papers, speaking engagements, and professional seminars to advance staff knowledge, promote technological advancement, and remain trusted leaders in our field.
As part of the team, you will contribute to the success of the employee-owned company and help to shape the industry.
As a Project Engineer/Architect at you will use your leadership skills and technical abilities to solve unique and interesting problems within a company that provides you the freedom and resources to advance your career.
The successful candidate has 6-12 years experience and knowledge of building enclosure consulting, the complete building envelope, performance testing of architectural elements, evaluation, repair, and design of façade and roofing systems.
Skills and credentials:
- Performance testing of architectural elements, evaluation, repair and design of façade and roofing systems, and building enclosure consulting.
- Evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture induced damage.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtainwalls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing.
- Design and development of contract documents for the renovation, restoration and preservation of existing buildings.
- Third party peer reviews of building enclosures for both constructability and performance.
- Site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Hygrothermal analysis of wall and roof assemblies.
- Direct client interaction, team building, and project management.
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architecture (Master's and PhD applicants are preferred)
- Registered Architect or Licensed Engineer
- 6-12 years of related experience
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel depending on job assignment and workload.
- Valid driver's license, driving history, and background verifications.
Please apply directly or share this with your network if it looks like it could be of interest,