The client is a leading U.S. renewable energy company with a proven track record of developing, owning, and operating distributed generation solar and energy storage projects in North America. The client was founded in 2014 by The Blackstone Group ("Blackstone") and is currently co-owned by funds managed by Blackstone and Sustainable Development Capital LLP ("SDCL"). The Company is actively expanding its client base to focus on industry sectors that require significant decarbonization over the next decade. The client is headquartered in New York City and is managed by a team of professionals who have collectively developed hundreds of renewable energy projects nationally.
The client is seeking a highly motivated, organized Project Accounting Manager to join our accounting team. This role will report to the Controller and is responsible for managing the reporting and analysis of renewable energy projects actively being constructed and assisting with the build out of our project reporting function. This role serves as the point of contact between the Accounting, Finance, and Project Management teams and facilitates the smooth flow of information among these parties.
- Set up projects in ERP system in accordance with Company policy
- Prepare purchase order requisitions for approval by Procurement Director and ensure proper budget and account coding
- Manage open purchase orders
- Maintain budget information, budget availability and payment information for approved budgets
- Track change orders and re-allocations to maintain the correct current budget and commitment values
- Coordinate with internal functional groups to review and track project performance, including variance analysis, cash flow, and profitability. Conduct various project analyses including postmortem analysis of closed projects to provide meaningful input to project managers
- Work closely with the accounting and finance teams to integrate new projects into project tracking modules and update forecasts and budgets on an active basis
- Responsible for maintaining and administering project accounting module within ERP system.
- Assist and support project managers in the use of project management systems and reports
- Prepare schedules and provide support for external audits and tax return preparation as well as special projects as directed by senior management
- Assist with sales tax filing requirements
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience in renewable energy, real estate development, engineering, or construction industry
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Skilled with ERP system such as Intacct, Netsuite, or other similar system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Possess Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Management Accountant license
- Experience with financial, planning and analysis (FP&A)
- Experience deploying and implementing accounting platforms (including integration with ERP systems) strongly preferred