The Engineering Mechanics and Infrastructure group of a top tier national engineering firm is looking for a principal-level engineer to contribute to the growth of the organisation. They are seeking to build out and strengthen their services in metallurgical engineering and materials science. The firm are partner owned, and offers compensation reflective of a principal's contribution to the business. Principals share directly in the annual profits of the firm.
The firm currently offer metallurgy-specific projects and laboratory facilities to support their work in design, failure analysis, litigation and research for metals used in buildings, infrastructure, transportation and mechanical components.
The Engineering Mechanics group has comprehensive metallurgical and mechanical testing laboratories, including equipment for metallographic sample preparation, light and scanning electron microscopes, chemical analysis instruments, electro and servo hydraulic universal testing machines, environmental chambers and a strong floor. Further - they have significant computing resources and commerical finite element analysis software, including ANSYS, Abaqus, LSDYNA and Nastran.
Location: Preference for Maassachussets - but any location will be considered with periodic visits to Massachussets.
The Successful Candidate:
- 6+ years experience of experience in metallurgical engineering.
- Masters or doctorate in metallurgical, materials engineering or materials sceince.
- Ability to develop and maintain a client and revenue base
- Strong leadership and mentoring ability.
- Participation in professional societies, publishing papers and ability to speak publically.
- PE license (or ability to obtain within 2 years)