My client is looking for a Principal Level Building Enclosure/Science Consultant, either PE or RA to provide technical oversight and leadership on building enclosure and waterproofing services to clients and develop their projects in Seattle.
This position will establish, maintain, and serve both local and national clients. You will serve as the primary client contact on projects related to new construction and existing building structures, including the waterproofing design and evaluation of below-grade foundation systems, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and façade systems, and roofing assemblies. Successful candidates will provide technical oversight and leadership on forensic investigations, behavior evaluations, condition assessments using non-destructive and destructive testing methods, and the development of the waterproofing design. You will lead team members in the development of construction documents, technical specifications, construction administration services, and third-party inspections for the Building Envelope and Forensic Restoration Team.
The firm are an Employee-Owned company of many capabilities offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. They have a strong leadership and ownership programme upon where growth and development is based on Merit, NOT Tenure.
They have developed and maintained a strong foundation as an industry leader in all aspects of restoration, building sciences and consulting, technology, and mobility solutions engaging a wide spectrum of specialists and renowned experts who have been advancing standards in the industry for several decades.
- Management of various building envelope projects ranging from investigation to construction administration phase.
- Writing proposals and scope of work descriptions for projects.
- Leading team in the development of building envelope contract documents, including technical specifications.
- Peer review of enclosure details and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- Licensed PE or RA in the state of Washington
- 10 plus years of previous building envelope and waterproofing experience, 5 years of which include managing building envelope projects in Washington State and the surrounding states.
- Experience in new construction building envelope design and technical analysis of existing buildings.
- Interest in business development strategies and the ability to work with other team members.
- Willingness to travel.