- Responsible for management and successful delivery of assigned portfolios of tasks/projects including the responsibility for assigned staff and staff development.
- Prepare and deliver on task orders, budgets, schedules, resource management, and coordinating with internal and external teammates.
- Work closely with marketing, accounting and other support staff to keep company fiscally sound and technically strong
- Serve as subject matter expert for the conceptual design of various transportation projects such as: roadway capacity improvements, interchanges, roundabouts, complete streets.
- Review designs, plans and construction documents to exceed customers' expectations
- Understand fundamentals of NEPA, roadway engineering, traffic analysis, safety, and environmental impacts/considerations to develop plans, reports and cost estimates for multi-modal transportation facilities
- Develop technical documents and presentations that are suited to the intended audiences and tailored to project requirements
- Manage customer expectations, provide support for business development and proposal efforts
- Assist with recruiting/staffing and mentoring experienced and entry level employees throughout company
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or related field
- Active Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Florida
- Eight (8)+ years of progressive experience managing FDOT PD&E projects/programs and associated teams
- Excellent understanding of FDOT standards and guidelines
- 10+ years of progressive experience in transportation design fundamentals and engineering principles
- Experience leading a team and managing customers
- Drafting experience utilizing software like Bentley MicroStation, InRoads/Geopak, OpenRoads Designer
- Familiarity with design guidelines not limited to: AASHTO, NACTO, MUTCD, FHWA, FDOT, etc.
- Project Management experience in Florida District 1, District 7, District 5, and Florida Turnpike
- Public involvement/presentations experience
- NEPA Experience