My client is a Tier 1 multidisciplinary forensics firm with a national presence. They are currently looking to add to their already impressive Ohio office by adding a Senior Building Envelope Consultant.
Well known and well respected throughout the industry, this is a chance to excel your career by working with and rubbing shoulders with some of the finest engineers and architects the Midwest has to offer. With a focus on high end commercial projects, the chance to further develop professionally by getting access to these large complex losses is unmatched anywhere else.
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary project teams, including providing expertise for a variety of building envelope projects (e.g., roofing, waterproofing, curtain wall, fenestrations, enclosure commissioning (BECx), troubleshooting of existing systems, specialty consulting for new systems).
- Project management, including client development, project scoping, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables.
- On-site investigation, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, performance evaluation and field testing, collecting data and samples, and preparing site visit reports.
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company development initiatives, participation with in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs), involvement in professional organizations, and business development to attract new and repeat clients.
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer in Ohio.
- Bachelor's degree or better in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years in the industry, including significant technical experience in architectural detailing of building enclosure, roofing, and waterproofing components and assemblies, particularly the interface of different assemblies or components.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following materials and systems: glazing systems, insulation and air barriers, cladding assemblies, low- and steep-slope roofing, below-grade and plaza/terrace waterproofing, traffic coatings, and green roofs.
- Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills.