Northwest Development Manager position within a private equity backed, nationally recognized renewable energy company developing 5 gigawatts of wind, solar, and storage across the US. Although headquartered in California, they have offices all over the country and are open to remote work.
The Northwest Development Manager would be responsible for the development of wind, solar, and energy storage projects across the Northwest by:
- Project siting, land and real estate, regulatory and environmental permitting, interconnection, and transmission and power marketing.
- Experience with engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) engagement.
- Experience working in the Northwest power markets and transmission system of Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC).
- Manage and execute the development of complex large-scale renewable energy projects from initial project proposal and siting, through to permitting, design, interconnection, approval, contracting, financing and handover to construction.
- Reduce permitting risk and conduct site due diligence.
- Collaborate with engineering team and external consultants to evaluate site layouts and constraints, technology options, schedule implications, interconnection applications and studies
- Support negotiations of project contracts and agreements including PPA, GIAs, equipment supply agreements, and EPC contracts.
- Market development-stage projects for new power purchase and off-take agreements.
- Facilitate and manage project budgets and schedules.
- Utilize and maintain industry knowledge and contacts to facilitate proactive development.
Ideal qualifications for the Northwest Development Manager position include but are not limited to:
- At least 5 years of experience in renewable energy space, with direct experience in full life-cycle development of utility-scale development
- Degree in engineering, business, economics, finance, environmental science, or related field
- Experience leading and managing cross functional teams and external stakeholders
- Understanding of the development life cycle of wind, solar and storage projects preferred
- Knowledge of governmental mandates, environmental regulations or customer/market signals that impact or facilitate new development of renewable projects in the Northwest, CASIO and WECC more broadly.
- Experience or interest working in Northwest territories including: WA, OR, ID, WY, UT, MT.
- Ability to travel when needed (>25%)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in the United States
Some benefits to the Northwest Development Manager position include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive Salary
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Private medical coverage
- Competitive Development Bonuses
Interested in learning more about the Northwest Development Manager position? Apply now!