One of our top clients has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Water/Wastewater Project Manager to join their Charlotte, North Carolina operations.
They are looking for someone who has excellent client interaction skills and can manage and lead planning and design teams for multi-discipline projects and programs of work in the fields of large diameter conveyance (water distribution and wastewater collection), water and wastewater pumping systems and water/wastewater treatment projects in North Carolina. In this position, you will manage multi-million dollar planning and design projects, manage project teams, and develop the scope and budget for projects. You will also work with local sales staff on business development strategies for existing and new clients, including pursuit of alternative project delivery opportunities in the Charlotte-Metro area and Western North Carolina.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to our clients' mission by:
* Managing water/wastewater design, permitting, and construction services from early concept development through construction
* Serving as a leader of project teams and mentoring junior staff, including the coordination and reviewing of project assignments
* Effectively working with key technical specialists, project team members, and delivery managers
* Assisting with preparation of design drawings and specifications on large, complex, multi-discipline design projects
* Preparing, monitoring, and managing project budgets and schedules while managing the firm's risk
* Providing high level planning and program analysis work including preparation of technical documents/reports
* Being active in the water/wastewater industry, keeping abreast of emerging technologies, research/development opportunities, and conference/committee participation in professional societies
* Assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, and business operations planning
* Collaborating with sales staff to create proposals in response to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
* Reviewing draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local, and federal regulations and best practices
* Interfacing with clients and government officials to clarify technical questions and providing updates to upper management as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree
* 10 years of related experience
* Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering
* Professional engineering (PE) license
* Project management experience on water/wastewater infrastructure design projects in North Carolina
* Alternative project delivery experience
* Current Project Manager certification (either PMP, CCM or DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start date
Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary
- Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.