Are you an ambitious, determined and hit a glass ceiling in your current role? Do you want to build something your way? Be in control of hiring, developing your own culture, building a client base and developing a service line alongside a hugely successful engineering company? I am looking to speak with senior level forensic engineers in Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, and across the Midwest who want to step out of their comfort zone and building out the structural diagnostics service line for a consulting company with an internationally recognised reputation. Specialising in forensic engineering, restoration engineering, commissioning and repair design, this firm has over 350 licensed professionals and nearly 15+ offices nationwide. This role requires an entrepreneurial mindset and inspiring leadership qualities to scale this business.
Structural Engineering Experience Required:
- Surveys property, casualty and liability losses, typically at residential and commercial buildings and loss scenes.
- Conducts investigations to determine the root cause of events and failures.
- Works closely with engineers and investigators to produce detailed reports, drawings, and/or outline the cause and origin of losses and damages.
- Develops plans, reports and drawings to meet client's needs and/or determine and document the failure analysis and causation of failures.
- Provides expert testimony in a court of law and/or in depositions.
- Determines applicable engineering practices to fulfil the prescribed scope of work, project specifics, timelines, and cost estimates for the professional services provided.
- Must be able to work independently and also with a cross-functional team of experts.
- Strong technical writing skills are required; the ability to write effective reports is critical.
Business Management Experience:
- Experience in managing a P+L centre
- Track record of scaling a business through headcount, revenue and developing new business
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and developing talented mid level engineers and junior engineers
What does it mean for you?
- Salary range negotiable ($150,000-$200,000)
- Ownership: Equity that means something! This business has grown a minimum of 30% every year for the last 5 years.
- Performance bonus: Individual and Team based. Company has historically paid bonuses every year for the last 20 years.
- Competitive Benefits: Above industry 401k match, Health-care, PTO (negotiable), licensures paid for etc.
If you want to find out more send me an email on or your resume and lets have a chat. It would be great to chat about the industry and make an introduction!