A local Portland, Oregon self performing general contracting firm is currently seeking a Project Manager specializing in Micro Tunneling. The Project Manager will be responsible for making sure the project is done on time, on budget, and within code/ regulation.
This contractor chases work across metro Portland, so the Project Manager is expected to travel on occasion. The contractor also has an industry leading culture with a backbone of long-term staff that the candidate will integrate with. They prioritize safety above all else and strive to maintain the health and well-being of their employees.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the scheduling of contractors, employees, and material shipments.
- Supervision of both tunneling technicians and the maintenance of tunneling boring machines
- Organizing budgets, time lines, and consult with engineers
- Providing leadership and direction to make sure the project vision is on time and under budget
- Interacting directly with the client, engineers, vendors, and other contractors
The Project Manager should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of micro-tunneling experience
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management, or comparable degree- Or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to work well with a team or independently
- Strong work ethic and communication skills
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Medical coverage for employees
- Profit Sharing
- Retirement Program (401k)
- Company Vehicle/ fuel card
- Paid Time Off
If you are interested in the Micro Tunneling Project Manager role, then please don't wait to apply.