Candidate will be responsible for successful client relations, project planning, organization and control, technical quality, and leadership of team members (ay supervise up to 12 team members). Responsible for cost control, project and manpower scheduling and general management of all team members. The incumbent will be a key person in maintaining, excelling, and cost-effective relations with clients, consultants, contractors, equipment representatives and vendors. The fundamental responsibility of this position is to ensure that assigned projects are completed profitably, on time, on budget, and within the firm's technical standards.
Major Position Functions:
- Participate in regular planning, scheduling and marketing meetings with other Team Leaders and Executive Management
- Plan and organize projects to deliver design products that meet cost constraints, time schedules and technical requirements with exceptional quality.
- Coordinate all activities and interfaces to ensure quality control and deliver a product that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Ensure that the financial and administrative aspects of projects are handled in a timely, business-like professional manner.
- Ensure that all engineering objectives are met without compromising the high quality standards that maintain the Firm's reputation and meet project requirements.
- Evaluate project scope and develop basis of design documentation
- Provide oversight of assigned team members, conduct periodic performance reviews, and mentor junior staff on career goals
- Attend interviews with Clients
- Prepare fee proposals
- Participate in industry associations and events
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering plus 10+ years' experience, 3 of which in a project management role.
- Active Connecticut P.E. and/or Massachusetts P.E. preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with industry standards and codes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the managing of building systems in the following areas: Corporate and Institutional; Colleges and Universities; Public and Private Schools; Hospitals; Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Biomedical; Arts and Cultural as well as Historic and Adaptive Reuse.