ATTENTION MECHANICAL ENGINEERS!
This is your chance to work with a top engineering firm in the Irvine, California area. This firm is searching for a Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of experience who will be responsible for the HVAC team in the design and documentation of major projects and mentoring of junior staff.
- Perform design calculations, equipment selections, or check (review) calculations and equipment selections performed by project designer.
- Design and supervise the design of specific projects, attend meetings and work with project team members to develop the necessary details and coordination necessary for project documentation.
- Responsible for code research and establishing design criteria for projects.
- Ensure the design and production efforts are completed within the established project budgets and schedules.
- Edit Mechanical specifications for assigned projects.
- Work with the client, contractor and other team members to produce the best possible project.
- Responsible for site visits and construction administration.
- Provide project status updates to the senior engineer and discipline director on a regular basis.
- Mentor junior engineers and technicians and EITs.
- Stay abreast of state-of-the-art design through independent reading, attendance of seminars and continuing education. Participate in design, analysis, and documentation training as listed in the Discipline Training guidelines.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Registered Professional Engineer in at least one state with suitable credentials for registration in other states
- 5+ years' experience
- Management knowledge and application
- Strong technical knowledge and application
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer analysis skills
If interested, apply today!