LVI Associates have partnered with a mutlidisplinary engineering consulting firm that is 100% Employee-Owned and nationally recognized for its expertise in solving complex engineering challenges and addressing issues related to the design, construction, and performance of buildings and infrastructure. They are currently looking for a structural engineer specialized in marine structures!
As a Marine Structural Forensic Engineer, you will play a crucial role in investigating, analyzing, and providing expert opinions on marine structural failures, accidents, and incidents. You will work on a wide range of projects, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to assess the integrity and safety of marine structures and offshore facilities.
Marine structural engineers work in a challenging and dynamic field, addressing the unique demands of the marine environment while contributing to the development and maintenance of critical infrastructure for maritime transportation, energy production, and environmental protection. Their work is essential for the safety and sustainability of marine-related industries and coastal communities.
- Conduct thorough forensic investigations into marine structural failures and incidents.
- Collect and analyze data, including site inspections, material testing, and documentation review.
- Prepare detailed technical reports and expert opinions for clients and regulatory authorities.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop repair and mitigation strategies.
- Provide expert testimony in legal proceedings when required.
- Stay current with industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field; Master's preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marine structural engineering or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of marine structural design, materials, and construction techniques.
- Experience with structural analysis software and tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- 100% Employee-Owned
- Comprehensive health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Opportunity to work on challenging and high-profile projects.
- Support for continued education and certification.