Summary: One of the largest renewable energy owners in the US is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. They own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As they develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, their 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions for their customers today.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Portfolio Finance, the Manager of Portfolio Finance is responsible for managing commercial matters with financing parties for multiple construction and operating projects within the company's renewables portfolio, including leading the execution of cash and tax equity fundings and term conversions of debt. This person is responsible for seeking and identifying project and portfolio level value-add transactions such as refinancings, tax equity buyouts, repowers, letter of credit facilities and other ad-hoc restructurings, and leading the complex financial modeling associated with each.
Hybrid work at one of the various locations:
- San Francisco, CA
- Carlsbad, CA
- Houston, TX
- Denver, CO
- Scottsdale, AZ
The responsibilities of the Manager, Portfolio Finance include:
- Identify, structure, and execute financial optimization opportunities across the entire enterprise. Efforts will be primarily focused on renewables projects, with possibility of non-renewables related transactions. Types of transactions include, but are not limited to, cash/tax equity fundings, term conversions, refinancings, tax equity buyouts, repowers, LC facilities and other ad-hoc restructurings.
- Ability to quickly implement scenario analysis and add dynamic logic to financial models. Understanding of how certain assumptions and analyses impact economics such as cash flows, IRRs, flip dates, DROs and capital accounts will be critical.
- Manage tax equity and cash equity relationships and use commercial expertise to craft solutions that solve certain challenges at hand.
- Lead and oversee financial optimization and cash flow analysis in complex project finance models to provide recommendations to executives and committee voting members on portfolio and project matters.
- Collaborate with the Structured Finance team to establish and cultivate relationships with existing capital providers to broker resolutions and drive material amendment and consent processes.
- Establish and sustain productive, efficient relationships across major departments and functions including development, construction, origination and legal to address and resolve challenges across the lifecycle of projects.
- Oversee tracking model updates and cash distributions throughout the cash flow waterfall.
- Provide oversight, guidance, training, and mentorship to the analysts on the Portfolio Finance team.
The Manager, Portfolio Finance should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in project finance, portfolio finance or M&A in the energy sector.
- A strong understanding of and ability to interpret financing agreements, ECCAs, MIPAs, LLCAs and other project contracts.
- Tax Equity experience highly preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge is required. Experience building, auditing and updating complex project finance models, with ability to quickly generate summary economics relating to each stakeholder, is required.
If interested in this position, please do not hesitate in submitting an application!