A Certified Great Place to Work is looking for an individual to Lead its Traffic Engineer section for the states of Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia with interest in supporting general traffic engineering studies and analysis, along with safety analysis and reports. This position can be located in either Atlanta office.
This firm is well-respected, and extremely reputable within the Southeast Transportation space. They have great relationships with TDOT, GDOT, and ALDOT, as well as multiple counties and municipalities.
They have a hybrid work schedule, as well as a very competitive 401k match, and an ESOP Program.
- Lead / assists in the analysis and design of a variety of Multimodal Traffic Projects.
- Assists with the development of intersection operational improvements including pedestrian, bicycle, and transit facilities
- Oversee traffic signal and signing/pavement marking designs that include multimodal facilities
- Using Synchro software develop and help implement signal timing plans
- Serve as project manager for traffic engineering projects.
- Ability to mentor younger staff, and supervise work of traffic department staff on projects
- Lead and prepare various types of traffic studies such as traffic impact studies, Intersection safety analysis, Interchange analysis, assist with corridor planning documents
- Assists with transportation planning studies as needed
- Provides Intersection and corridor operational analysis
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- PE certification required
- PTOE certification a plus
- 5+ years of traffic engineering experience
- Highly skilled/proficient in Synchro, Sim Traffic, and HCM
- Familiarity/knowledge with MUTCD, AASHTO, and the use of GDOT guidelines and standards