Our client is one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the U.S. with nationally recognized expertise in sustainable, high performance building engineering. They are a collaborative, competitive, innovative, and energetic group of engineers and team leaders who incorporate a holistic approach towards consulting engineering, performance contracting, and zero energy projects. They focus on finding engineers whose personalities lead them to excellence, and we provide exceptional opportunities for our employees.
The client is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for multiple locations. They are looking for candidates with at least seven (7) years of experience in Consulting Engineering to lead the Mechanical Department. This position will work with a team of engineers to design the mechanical aspects of energy efficient buildings for various clients. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who thrives on helping clients and has a technical background. We hope they will be involved in all phases of the project.
- 7+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer
- PE Certificate (required)
- Project Management
- Interfacing with clients
- Cooling and heating plants
- MEP Design
- The position is responsible for managing projects, being involved in the design of the heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and plumbing systems of buildings for the purpose of bidding and construction. Additional duties of the position are as follows:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated response
- Attend meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Provide guidance to staff engineers as to the appropriate energy efficient designs to be implemented in various projects
- Review contractor submittals (shop drawings, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, apply knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs
- Air Conditioning
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering