We have a current opportunity for a Land Surveyor - Lafayette, Indiana on a permanent basis. seeking a Land Surveyor with one year of experience to work full-time from our Lafayette, Indiana office location. The Land Surveyor will work on various design, development and construction projects throughout central and northwest Indiana in a fast-paced environment with the desire to learn and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Licensed Land Surveyor in Indiana or the potential for licensure.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Land Surveyor working on transportation or infrastructure improvement related projects.
- Working knowledge of survey data collection procedures and field survey methods and techniques.
- Proficient in operating Trimble GPS/VRS, and Data Collectors.
- Ability to work year-round in an outdoor environment.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Read and interpret construction drawings, recorded survey documents, maps, plats and deeds.
- Manage, download, and transfer survey data files and site photos to internal project folders.
- Keep accurate, detailed, and professional notes and sketches related to all phases of survey work.
- Strong technical, oral and writing communication skills, as well as a keen understanding of land surveying principles, and budgets.
- Proper use and care of survey equipment and vehicles.
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Checks on all projects to uphold the principle of superior service to all our clients.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, and safety programs.